Part of our selection of thousands of records, most of which are exclusive to our brick and mortar store!
In addition to being a great online store, Sorry State Records is also a physical store in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina. While our web site caters specifically to the punk and heavy metal crowd (and everything listed on the web site is also available in the store), we have a much more diverse inventory in our physical store, including (but not limited to):
- Thousands of used records not listed on our web site or Discogs inventory
- The best selection of jazz vinyl (new and used) in the southeast
- A wide selection of rare and collectible vinyl, with an emphasis on 70s and 80s punk rock and heavy metal rarities (though we have rarities from other genres as well!)
- A strong selection of used classic rock. We try to keep a steady stream of classic titles by bands like the Beatles, Stones, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc. in stock at reasonable prices, along with plenty of off-the-beaten-path classic rock as well.
- A HUGE selection of LPs priced at $5 and under
- Boxes and boxes of used punk 7”s
- used cassettes (mostly punk and metal)
- Smaller, genre-specific sections of used and new records, including funk/soul, hip-hop, reggae, soundtracks, blues, and country
Part of our renowned selection of jazz vinyl
Our wall of collectibles as of May 2017. All are original / first pressings.
We also buy your used vinyl! Click here for more info on our buying process.
We are located at 317 W Morgan St, Suite 105, in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina. Our unit faces north on Morgan Street, halfway between Dawson and Harrington Streets. If you have trouble finding us, please give us a call at 919-977-4704.
The front of the store (it can be a little tough to see since we aren't allowed to have outside signage)
Unfortunately Sorry State Records does not have dedicated parking. We encourage you to use the free 1-hour parking available on Morgan and surrounding streets. Please note that the parking lots across the street tow aggressively; if you park there, make sure you pay using the cash box or their app. There are also numerous city lots and parking decks in the vicinity of Sorry State. Our page on the Downtown Raleigh web site lists some nearby parking options.